Operations Director will be responsible for the oversight, budget, management, and direction for the groups of hostels in Thailand including supervising the hostel managers and supporting their operations teams. Major focus on the day to day operations and also long term strategy to drive revenues, manage expenses, and support overall key objectives outlined each year.
This position requires strong time management and administrative oversight, solid business acumen and self-motivation. The ideal candidate will have experience working with various brands, independent resorts and full/limited service properties.This position requires a minimum of 8-10 years of increasingly responsible positions and is seeking the next challenge in their career. A proven track record of directing and motivating individual management teams to achieve and exceed goals is required.
- Manage strategy implementation, in particular regarding budgets and timelines. Budgets must be written in co-operation with the hostel managers, sales, and have strategies to drive additional revenue, and possible cost savings. A well thought out CAPEX plan must also be created to support the operation.
- Advise the management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions both in the short term and long term.
- Establish operational processes / process improvement and tied to long-term goals
- Demonstrates and promotes the lub d key aspects commitment to providing the best possible customers- experience
- Ensure measurements are in place to monitor guest feedback, along with personal time spent meeting with the Lubd travelers and developing strategies based on discussions.
- Ensures that all guest related issues and resolved in a manner consistent with the company- s goals and objectives with detailed action plans for continuous improvement.
- Mentors and develops hostel team, Hostel Manager; provides learning opportunities by assigning new tasks responsibilities; evaluates the team strengths and weaknesses and provides training and on the job tasks to prepare career path for operation manager opportunities
- Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Hotel Operations; areas of responsibility may include Front Office, Activities, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Engineering/Maintenance.
- Expected to spend the majority of work time in the various hostel operations working with the teams there. Support and encourage daily operation meetings, scheduled planning for activities and non-room revenue programs, along with preventative maintenance programs.
- Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of properties to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance
- Works with the executive management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the company strategy and leads its execution
- Works with direct reports (e.g., department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and manage the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives
- Work closely with the supporting departments in the corporate office that support the operations team. Create strong relationships with sales & marketing, group chief engineer, finance, and human resources who will support the operational needs.
- Develop the KPI- s with the operational teams each year with approval from the COO and executive team.
- Year of experience: minimum 8 years experience in hostel / hotel operation at a high or management level
- Good command of English in both written and spoken
- Leadership and team building skills and abilities to prioritize work
- Well planning with strong analytical skill and work under pressure, willingness to travel abroad
- At least Bachelor- s degree in Business administration, Human resource or industry-related fields
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously working in a fast paced environment
- Good command of Microsoft programs including Word, powerpoint & excel. Have worked on financial and front office / F&B systems.